Last Sunday was my little boy's 1st birthday. Where has this year gone? As a kid, you'd always hear your parents talking about how the time just flies by...and now I constantly find myself saying the same thing. Seriously, I look back at photos of Bailey from when he was just a few weeks old, and it seems like only yesterday he was so small (but at the same-time, it feels like the little monkey has been with us forever!). We had fun celebrating with lots of family, friends & cake. I'm not a big fan of these cold months, but these last few weeks I've actually found myself kinda liking these dark afternoons, gorgeous coloured leaves everywhere & cosy evenings in (am I sounding old?!). We're currently building (or should I say, my husband is) a little garden studio & I'm so excited to start thinking about the decor & chance to make lots of pretty things to go in there! It's going to be such a great little space. I'll make sure to show you some pics when it's all complete.
I've been searching for some decor ideas for the garden studio. Here are my findings so far...
1. I love old books, so wrapping them in ribbon would be a pretty yet simple way to display them (great idea for wedding details too). And the globe - I've always wanted a vintage globe:
2. Love these old letterpress letters (and one day, all my stationary will be letterpress!)
3. I like the contrast of rustic & pretty. Some roughed up drawers like these would be nice:
4. These crates are so nice - great storage. I recently got a load of old wine boxes - think I'll drill some holes through the sides, attach some rope to create handles = great storage!
5. Like this radio!
6. Like this way of displaying old photos:
7. Inspiration wall above my desk like this one :
Just a few ideas so far!
In other news, I did a shoot at a baby group last week so I'll be posting some pics up very soon. A good friend of mine also had a baby girl & we did a mini session this week - so lots of cuteness to be blogged!
1. Table created by Flush Designs 2. Ticket - Hindsvikon Etsy 2. Wooden Letters - Sage Inspired by Life 3. Metal drawer - Hindsvikon Etsy. 4. Crate seen on SpiderWomanKnits5. Orla Kiely Radio via wish wish wish 6. Glass bottles via Apartment Therapy 7. Desk via Oh, Hello Friend